The Presidential Hackathon International Track debuted in 2019, marking the fifth year of the event. People from all backgrounds, regardless of their age or nationality, are welcome to use open data, technology, and creative thinking to suggest solutions to societal problems that satisfy nations’ social and developmental needs worldwide. Additionally, we hope to foster opportunities for cross-border, interdisciplinary, and public-private collaborations so that data owners, data scientists, and specialists from various fields can interact. We invite participants from all over the world to submit innovative ideas for data applications that will improve people’s lives and promote new methods of governance.
Registration period has been extended until 6/16 (Fri) (GMT +08:00)24May
NETIZEN EXAMINANT VOTING OUTCOME15May
Come and participate in the "Netizen Examinant" to speak out what you care about2May
Presidential Hackathon International track 2023 has kicked off!18Apr
Promoting "Social Transition" Presidential Hackathon International Track Participates in 2050 Net Zero City Expo28Mar
Presidential Hackathon Awards Ceremony30Sep
About Presidential Hackathon
Main Theme of 2023 International Track
Call for Participation
Interviews of 2022 Team of Excellence
Team B E N Z
WHO CAN APPLY
- Anyone may apply. Teams from academia, industries, civil society, the government, the media, and other sectors are encouraged to participate. More importantly, you have a vision and solution for open data that address particular issues.
- One person may only apply for one team
- The maximum number of team members is 3 to 5, and the team should consist of at least one person who is not a citizen of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
Free the Future: Open, Digital & Green.
- Open – To foster dialogue and collaboration between teams with diverse identities, values, fields of endeavor, or interests;
- Digital - To encourage the use of information- and data-centered instruments and techniques;
- Green - To advocate for parity between the amount of greenhouse gases produced by humans and the amount of greenhouse gases removed by humans.
- Application Acceptence Period：9:00 A.M., April 19, 2023 (GMT+08:00) to 5:00 P.M., June 16, 2023 (GMT+08:00)
- Online application: fill in the application form online (click me), and all work contents and relevant documents must be presented in English
- Confirmation: Check your E-mail and received the confirmation letter.
Proposals will be evaluated based on three key criteria:
- Engage in mutual learning and exchanges with international hackathoners.
Guidance materials are available for professional mentors at no cost:
- One-on-one companion guidance;
- Assistance in inventorying required technologies and introduction to technical consultants for guidance;
- Facilitating connections between the public and private sectors;
- Aiding in completing field validation.
For Teams of Excellence
- Invitation to display outstanding proposals at the Office of the President
- The president personally hands out certificates and trophies.
- Free air tickets and accommodation for those invited to visit Taiwan (Taipei or other cities) (up to two persons per team).
- Engage in exchanges with public and private sectors in Taiwan that demonstrate the potential for collaboration.
|Submission period||April 19 - June 16|
|Initial review and selection||June 19 - June 30|
|Initial review announcement||Before July 15|
|Guidance period||Mid-July to the end of August|
|Final review||Before the end of September|